It's clear from his batting record that Alex Rodriguez does not horse around. Apparently the Yankees slugger takes his work ethic to heart...or at least to art. As Us Weekly reports, A-Rod has not one, but two portraits of himself as a centaur. Always reliable for insta-snark, twitter is ablaze with reaction to the news, including a new twitter account credited to A-Rod, called IAmCentaur (possibly created by a Phillies fan?). Here, the ten best A-Rod Centaur tweets.
- tehdingo An ex-girlfriend has said Alex Rodriguez has pictures of himself painted as a centaur. OK, the Yankees can have the series now. I'm good
- bigdumbradio i'm going to dress up as an A-Rod Centaur for Halloween next year
- GYR8 A centaur? Not griffin? RT @pourmecoffee A-Rod clip-clops to first base on that walk.
- FixYourLife Imagining A.Rod as a centaur is fun...imagining him as a centaur on steroids is epic. The muscle tone in his horse half must be insane.
- glennbirkemeier Phillies fans, I expect A-Rod centaur signs tonight.
- katierosman "A-Rod Isn't Clutch" meme is dead. Long live "A-Rod as Centaur."
- keithmarder A-Rod has a portrait of himself as a Centaur, from Greek myths - 1/2 horse 1/2 human. Here's hoping 4 Kate Hudson the horse is the bottom 1/2
- AlanWare A-Rod, A-Fool, A-Centaur?
- DanimalEvans I hate the Yankees, but will forever love A Rod for the fact that he has a mural of himself as a Centaur
- danberth So A-Rod's new nickname absolutely has to be The Centaur now, right?
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.