- violence against student protesters, with students being beaten, maced, shot at with rubber bullets and sexually assaulted by police;
- the execution of a man lying on the ground following an argument with a police officer over a traffic violation;
- the fabrication of drug-related charges against over 100 residents of a housing project in the city of Mayaguez;
- the violent and inhumane eviction of members of the Villas del Sol squatter community, including the denial of fresh water to the community for eight months;
- the de-certification of the Puerto Rico Bar Association and legal action against bar members designed to stifle political dissent.
And this is happening... in Puerto Rico.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.