Schwarzenegger thinks that Obama will get re-elected. Joyner agrees:
Barack Obama should win a second term unless:
- He dies in office. Let’s hope he doesn’t.
- The economy remains a disaster. Let’s hope it doesn’t, for our sake. He’s got about 18 months for it to turn around, though, in time for it to sink in.
- There’s a significant third party challenger that hurts him more than his opponent. That seems quite unlikely. (Just for kicks, I’ll nominate Al Gore.) Indeed, the opposite seems more likely.
- He decides not to seek re-election. Incredibly unlikely, absent a double dip so steep that he’s in danger of not being re-nominated.
- He’s presiding over a highly unpopular war. Possible. But he does seem to be looking for the door in Afghanistan.