Say what you will about Paul Krugman, but he has identified the central dilemma facing the Obama administration on the bank crisis and depression. Are they too sanguine? Or is Krugman too statist? I cannot know for sure because this is about an unknowable macroeconomic future. But has anyone under-estimated the scale of the crisis yet? Meanwhile, a reader gets all blunt:
1. I want to know with great detail the true status of the following institutions: B of A, Citi, and AIG. We’re all adults here. Let’s hear it.
2. What are the positions of the Republican Party on the following issues: job creation, the financial system, energy, and health care?
3. Why does Tim Geithner have no staff? When will he have staff? What should we think of this glaring shortfall?
4. What do the Obama people have in mind for the auto industry?
5. When will taxes go up on the middle class to help pay for Obama’s long term restructuring of the economy, a.k.a. the “Grand Bargain”? When will he present this case to the public?
Seconded on all counts.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.