A reader writes:
They couldn't be that stupid, could they?
I shall paraphrase, but you will get it.
1. Conflating Saddam with the 9/11 attacks.
2. Saddam has absolutely reconstituted his WMD program.
3. Occupying a country the size of Iraq with 160,000 troops which included support troops. Had it been 160,000 combat troops (Infantry, Armor, and Artillery) with the appropriate support contingent we may have had a chance.
4.Disbanding a standing army. THEN telling them they will not be paid! Oh, and by the way take your guns with you!
5. Mission Accomplished.
6. Bring it on!
7. We have to fight them over there, so we don't have to fight them here.
8. As the Iraqi Army stands up, we will stand down.
9. Firing Rumsfeld AFTER the '06 election. So we give a failed SecDef 3 1/2 years to get it right.
I paraphrase. You decide.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.