It comes in five stages, apparently:
1. Denial: "The media doesn’t show the good news in Iraq."
2. Anger: "The treasonous far-left-liberals and their media lapdogs are making us lose in Iraq."
3. Bargaining: "If we send x-thousand more troops to Iraq, victory will be ours."
4. Depression: "Did you catch 300 yet? [munch-munch-burp] God, it made me hate liberals even more. [channels flipping] They wouldn’t last a day in ancient Sparta."
5. Advanced Literary Theory: "The hegemonic binary of 'success' and 'failure' traumatizes the (re)interpretive possibilities of an ethos of jouissance regarding the War in Iraq."
The nerd humor continues here. The RedState object of derision is here. And, yes, I laughed. Before I cried.