97. Colin Ayres (Jason Isaacs): a war photographer and one of Donna's many dull love interests.
98. Ryan Pierce (Jesse Bradford): Josh's intern, the nephew of a Senator, who is very annoying very quickly and banished to Mandyville. Really helps clog up season 5 though.
99. Ray Sullivan (Brett Cullen): Vinick's ticket-balancing choice for Vice President, a socially conservative West Virginia Governor brought in to quell concerns about Vinick's belief in God. A bit of a hammy stereotype.
100. Mark Gottfried (Ted McGinley): the host of "Capitol Beat." Remember "Capitol Beat"?
101. Peyton Cabot Harrison III (Ken Howard): the team's original choice to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court, maybe a little racist, definitely has questionable views on the right to privacy.
102. Mary Marsh (Annie Corley): a hard-line member of the Religious Right, used as a straw man for Bartlet to knock down in the pilot episode. Representative of some of Sorkin's weaknesses re: stereotyping.
103. Joseph Crouch (Mason Adams): a bad-ass, super-old Supreme Court Justice who retires and calls Bartlet a pansy. He's the one who gets Mendoza's foot in the door.
104. Ned Carlson (Evan Arnold): a nice aide to Santos who gets reassigned in season seven and never comes back.
105. Eric Baker (Ed O'Neill): the little-seen, much-discussed Governor of Pennsylvania who everyone is afraid will seize the Democratic nomination in later seasons but always is besieged by plot twists. The show ends with him looking like Santos' likely VP after Leo's death.
106. Lisa Sherborne (Traylor Howard): Sam's ex-fiancee, a reporter, who he dumped to join the Bartlet campaign. Sorry!
107. Robert Ritchie (James Brolin): Governor of Florida and the Republican nominee in Bartlet's second election. Comes off as a dumb idiot filled with empty campaign slogans. Sorkin's worst straw-man.
108. Curtis Carruthers (Ben Murray): Charlie's replacement as the President's body-man, so, we hate him.
109. Jean-Paul (Trent Ford): Zoey's stupid French boyfriend who doses her with GHB and gets her kidnapped. WE HATE YOU JEAN-PAUL.
110. Diane Mathers (Kathrin Middleton): A nasty talk-show host who interrogates Zoey about her kidnapping. She's mean and she sucks.
111. Doug Westin (Steven Eckholdt): Liz Bartlet's husband, a fat-headed jerk who has an affair and runs for Congress on the Bartlet coattails. Not a very well-written character.
112. Peter Lillienfield (Holmes Osborne): a venal Republican who publicly throws Leo under the bus for his substance abuse problems.
113. Mandy Hampton (Moira Kelly): Congrats, Mandy! You are not at the bottom of this list, although you are certainly the least popular credited cast member in the history of the show! She's only in the first season and she's basically an annoying problem throughout, never fitting into the cast dynamic or having a very well-defined role. Sorkin wrote her to be the opponent to pretty much every good thing the team wanted to do, so that didn't help.
114. Taylor Reid (Jay Mohr): A Bill O'Reilly-style jabbering cable news talking head who exists only to stir up controversy and be awful. He gets in a public fight with C.J. once and is generally the worst.
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.