Welcome to the Smart Set. Every morning we bring you the gossip coverage, filtered. Today: Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lopez fuel romance speculation, Mark Zuckerberg sings showtunes, and Prince Harry spent another night out in America.
- Zachary Quinto came out as "a gay man" in an interview with New York magazine. Quinto, who played Spock in the Star Trek reboot, said in post on his blog that the suicide of gay teenager Jamey Rodemeyer last month motivated his decision."His death only makes me wish that I had done this sooner," wrote Quinto. "I am eternally grateful to him for being the catalyst for change within me." [New York and Zachary Quinto]
- Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lopez reportedly "spent time together" in Los Angeles on Saturday, two months after their non-date at Per Se in New York. The paparazzi snapped pictures of the Hangover star and a woman believed to be Lopez (you can't tell because she's covering her face) riding around in a SUV. The Daily Mail reports Cooper too initially shielded his face "but ultimately had to reveal himself to keep his eyes on the road while in control of the jeep." [People]
- Mark Zuckerberg was the best man at Facebook designer Aaron Sittig's wedding in Palm Springs over the weekend. Zuckerberg reportedly "joined in a sing-along of Broadway tunes" -- specifically, "Don't Rain on My Parade" -- with other guests the night before the ceremony. He also reportedly played golf and went to the spa. [Page Six]
- Prince Harry spent Saturday night at the Belly Up Tavern, a live music club just outside San Diego. According to a witness, he he was "dancing and laughing and going from person to person" and not acting like a prince at all, though someone from his ten person party did ask management to adjust the TV so they could watch the Rugby World Cup match, which they did. Last weekend, Harry left his helicopter training area to travel 120 miles for burgers and beer of El Coronado Island. [People]
- Joe Biden was very sociable this weekend. On Friday, the vice president and wife Jill had dinner at Blue Duck Tavern in Foggy Bottom, then "resurfaced for Sunday brunch at Carmine’s with MPAA chief Chris Dodd and family." The vice president reportedly turned down the option of brunching in a private room, opting instead to sit out with the regular folks in the main dining room. [The Reliable Source]
- Alec Baldwin was moderating a panel discussion with Matthew Broderick at the Hamptons International Film Festival Saturday when "a young woman in the balcony stood up to 'beg' for the actors' help" because "terrorists and the FBI" were apparently on her trail. As she was being escorted out, Baldwin reportedly said "If you look behind you, you'll see the big, burly guy with a butterfly net is here for you." The actor's reps denied the "butterfly net" portion of the remark, insisting he actually told the woman the burly man would "take down [her] phone number." [Gatecrasher]
- Ashton Kutcher attended Bill Clinton's "Decade for Difference" fundraiser at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday without wife Demi Moore. Witnesses say he was wearing his wedding ring. [Us Weekly]
- Barry Diller reportedly wore sweatpants to a dinner with CAA agent Bryan Lourd in the West Village. [Page Six]
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.