Welcome to the Smart Set. Every morning we bring you the gossip coverage, filtered. Today: Julian Schnabel and Rula Jebreal call it quits, Rosie O'Donnell is accused of line cutting and Charlie Sheen's Gathering of the Juggalos appearance draws mixed reactions:
- Jessica Alba gave birth to her second child with husband Cash Warren on Saturday. According to Alba's Facebook page, Haven Garner Warren weighs seven pounds, is "19 inches long" and "healthy [and] happy." [E! Online]
- Before Night Falls director Julian Schanbel has reportedly broken up with Rula Jebreal, his girlfriend of four years. The bust-up apparently came back in June, at the end of the "grueling" press tour for the director's film adaptation of Jebreal's autobiographical novel Miral, which included an incident at NBC's 30 Rock where the director was "heard shouting at Palestinian journalist Jebreal that he didn't like how the stylists for 'Morning Joe' had curled her hair" and telling her she looked "like Farrah Fawcett" right before an interview with Willie Geist. [Page Six]
- Charlie Sheen was "alternately cheered and booed" during his appearance at this year's Gathering of the Juggalos on Saturday night. In one video, Sheen "appears to be winning over the crowd, which chanted his name [and] cheered him," while a second clip shows Sheen being "forced to dodge objects thrown at him by the audience." [The Hollywood Reporter]
- In addition to selling his Central Park West apartment to be closer to yoga instructor girlfriend Hilaria Thomas, 30 Rock star Alec Baldwin has taken to wearing "a woman's hair band on the ring finger of his left hand" as a kind of "token of affection" for Thomas. [Gatecrasher]
- Rosie O'Donnell received "preferential treatment" and didn't have to wait in line while moving son Parker into his room at Valley Forge Military Academy last Thursday, according to one of the nearly 300 other parents who did. A school representative denies O'Donnell received special treatment. [Philadelphia Daily News]
- DJ Samantha Ronson was spotted "drinking Jack Daniel's from a bottle at the Borgata's Mixx nightclub" in Atlantic City at a birthday party for Ronson and her twin, designer Charlotte Ronson. It's unknown from the item whether the incident took place before or after her arrest for drunk driving in California earlier this month. [Philadelphia Daily News]
- CNBC Squawk Box co-anchor Becky Quick has given to a baby boy, according to a tweet from network contributor Tony Fratto. [@TonyFratto]
- Former Lizzie McGuire star Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comerie are expecting their first child, the couple announced on Duff's Web site. [People]
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.