President Obama is participating in a social media town hall this afternoon, where anybody with a Twitter account can send a question to the president by publishing a message with the hashtag "#AskObama." Here are the five questions I would like the president to answer.
1. Why should any immigrant graduate of a U.S. university have to leave the country if s/he has investment and revenue having started a new company?
2. Will anybody who makes less than $250,000 ever have to pay a higher effective rate on their federal taxes?
3. Unemployment is higher today that in the months after the stimulus bill was passed. Our borrowing rate is not much higher. Why has more stimulus been ruled out?
4. Do you think the debt ceiling is necessary?
5. Do you regret anything about the Recovery Act?
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
is a staff writer at The Atlantic,
where he writes about economics, labor markets, and the media. He is the author of Hit Makers