Whatever you're doing this afternoon, you should carve out at least a few minutes to check out Social Network screenwriter Aaron Sorkin's just-posted Interview magazine interview with New York Times media columnist David Carr. As one might expect given the participants, it's a free-wheeling conversation that includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects:
- Each man's struggle to stay sober
- Citizen journalists ("I don’t want one any more than I want a citizen doctor," says Sorkin, which sounds familiar)
- The past, present, and future of the New York Times
- Carr's appearance in the Andrew Rossi documentary Page One
- Carr's description of his college major ("Frisbee and smoking doobies").
And if you want more of Sorkin's thoughts on the media, might we suggest this?
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.