A whopping six in 10 adults access the Internet wirelessly, by laptop or cell phone, reveals a new report from the Pew Internet and American Life Project. And Americans are also using their multi-function mobile phones for increasingly more tasks these days. Here are some stats:
- Take pictures--76% now do this, up from 66% in April 2009
- Send or receive text messages--72% vs. 65%
- Access the internet--38% vs. 25%
- Play games--34% vs. 27%
- Send or receive email--34% vs. 25%
- Record a video--34% vs. 19%
- Play music--33% vs. 21%
- Send or receive instant messages--30% vs. 20%
Read the full report at Pew.
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.