Rather than grimly commit to self-improvement, a friend and I had a glass of wine on Saturday night and considered the things we actually want to do in the New Year. The list so far:
- Write a book
- Reconnect with at least five people I haven't seen in years
- Concede that my rock-climbing days are over
- More house parties, fewer mediocre restaurants
- Wear nothing that doesn't make me feel wonderful--even if I have to wear the same damn outfit every day
- Visit at least one country I've never been to before
- Take singing lessons
With Lent coming up fast, I'm also toying with the idea of going vegan this year. What are y'all planning for 2008?
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to email@example.com.