Missouri is set to join Utah and South Dakota and require that women wait at least 72 hours before getting an abortion, the longest waiting period in this country.
The wildfires in California's San Diego county are scary enough -- "walls of flames," thousands of homes evacuated, new fires breaking out by the minute -- but now residents have a terrifying new threat: tornadoes of fire.
On Thursday, Pulaski County Circuit Judge Chris Piazza expanded his ruling against Arkansas's same-sex marriage ban to effectively strike down all the laws in the state barring the issuing of marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
On Wednesday afternoon the media world was shocked to learn that The New York Times had abruptly fired Executive Editor Jill Abramson and replaced her with Managing Editor Dean Baquet.
Picture this: it's November 18, 2016. You're riding around in your hovercar, global warming has consumed all of Florida, and Hillary Clinton was just elected the first female president of the United States. Best of all: a new J.K. Rowling movie just hit theaters (assuming we still have movie theaters)!
Idaho's gay marriage ban, like same-sex marriage bans in several other states, has been ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge.
Over 200 people were killed today after an explosion in a coal mine in Soma, Turkey. Rescue efforts are still underway, but this could be Turkey's worst mining accident ever.
Donald Sterling broke his silence for a second time tonight. He probably shouldn't have.
News broke today via New York Magazine's Daily Intelligencer that we're about to get a new Zodiac Killer suspect to add to an ever-growing list. About 1,200 people have claimed to know who the Zodiac Killer is. Here are a few of them.
If there's one thing that will get your point across and persuade the general public to support your cause, it's driving a bunch of ATVs through Native American ruins and burials.
It took the death of a 28-year-old man and a 93-year-old woman to do it, but a police officer faced some sort of consequences for his actions: he was fired.
NBC's two shows that begin with the letters P-A-R are both going to end next season, according to the channel's release about next season's schedule.
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence has an interesting new policy regarding all that leaked information that's been going around lately: pretend it doesn't exist.
Syria has until June 30 to get rid of its stockpile of chemical weapons. The good news is, 92 percent of that job is done. The bad news is the remaining 8 percent is located in an area controlled by insurgents and thus inaccessible.
The death of 93-year-old Pearlie "Miss Sully" Golden came at the hands of a police officer who'd been on the job for less than two years -- but managed to kill two people in the line of duty.
The saga of Rakesh Agrawal, Paypal's former director of strategy, just got juicier. Paypal president David Marcus has responded to Agrawal's tweets on the site in a message entitled "Moving On." It's not very friendly.
An Indianapolis firefighter is trying to turn weapons into art as a memorial for homicide victims -- of which, sadly, the city has plenty.
One of the few trials of Occupy Wall Street protestors concluded today with the conviction of Cecily McMillan, accused of assaulting a police officer she says grabbed her breast first.
Look away, arachnophobes. Scientists discover an average of 15,000 species every year. Here's one of them: the Cebrennus rechenbergi, a spider that moves via back handsprings, or "flic-flac" jumps.
It took three weeks, but Nigeria's president Goodluck Jonathan has finally spoken out about the abducted schoolgirls.