University libraries around the world are seeing precipitous declines in the use of the books on their shelves.
Can the stars of the hit podcast Bodega Boys win over a broader—and whiter—audience on Showtime?
Our mini puzzle gets bigger and more challenging each day. See if you can solve your way through the week.
Regulators should think carefully about the fallout from well-intentioned new rules and avoid the mistakes of the past.
Readers debate the merits of the city’s Specialized High School Admissions Test—and discuss whether it should be phased out altogether.
The authorship controversy, almost as old as the works themselves, has yet to surface a compelling alternative to the man buried in Stratford. Perhaps that’s because, until recently, no one was looking in the right place. The case for Emilia Bassano.
- Live Event
- The Lucrative Black Market in Human Fat
- The Books of College Libraries Are Turning Into Wallpaper
- There Is Too Much Stuff
- Why Self-Compassion Works Better Than Self-Esteem
- A Lesson From 1930s Germany: Beware State Control of Social Media
- A Single Scandal Sums Up All of Trump’s Failures
- Before Straight and Gay
- A Pastor’s Case for the Morality of Abortion
- How Hinduism Became a Political Weapon in India
- Teaching: Just Like Performing Magic