Until last week, too many in the Republican Party thought they could preach the Constitution and wink at QAnon. They can’t.
Cloth masks are better than nothing, but they were supposed to be a stopgap measure.
As the FBI warns of violence, anti-government extremists are ready to get in on the chaos.
The insurrection could spur a federal-government crackdown on white-nationalist groups, as well as strengthen the case for systemic police reform.
More than a week after insurrectionists stormed the Capitol, video recordings, news reports, and federal charges are revealing a situation even more dire than it seemed at the time.
The business owners, real-estate brokers, and service members who rioted acted not out of economic desperation, but out of their belief in their inviolable right to rule.
- Live Event
- The Deep Sadness of Marvel’s WandaVision
- QAnon Is Destroying the GOP From Within
- Donald Trump’s Masculinity Is an Empty Spectacle
- ‘What If You Just Don’t Tell Anyone?’
- We’re Just Finding Out How Bad the Riot Really Was
- Yes, the Pandemic Is Ruining Your Body
- Mike Pence Has Nowhere to Go
- Why Aren’t We Wearing Better Masks?
- White Christian Nationalists Want More Than Just Political Power
- The Boogaloo Bois Prepare for Civil War