A historian believes he has discovered iron laws that predict the rise and fall of societies. He has bad news.
In an exclusive interview, the former president identifies the greatest threats to the American experiment, explains why he’s still hopeful, and opens up about his new book.
These films, each unforgettable in its own way, are essential viewing.
The ads are everywhere. You can learn to serve like Serena Williams or write like Margaret Atwood. But what MasterClass really delivers is something altogether different.
Newt Gingrich turned partisan battles into bloodsport, wrecked Congress, and paved the way for Trump’s rise. Now he’s reveling in his achievements. (From 2018)
Cultural institutions have faced hard questions about racial inclusivity for decades. This year, they might finally provide some answers.
- Live Event
- A Horror Movie Where Wealth Is the Demon
- The Next Decade Could Be Even Worse
- The Logic of Pandemic Restrictions Is Falling Apart
- The Role of Cognitive Dissonance in the Pandemic
- The Last Children of Down Syndrome
- 30 Movies That Are Unlike Anything You’ve Seen Before
- Hillbilly Elegy Is One of the Worst Movies of the Year
- ‘No One Is Listening to Us’
- America Failed at COVID-19, but the Economy’s Okay. Why?
- 25 Feel-Good Films You’ll Want to Watch Again—and Again