The year-in-review posts are coming fast and furious from the world's leading technology companies. Instagram is the latest to post their statistics.
And it has the best social network factlet of the year: the most-Instagrammed place in the world is a mall in Bangkok.
New York makes three appearances, including the one for the High Line. Southern California also appears three times for Disneyland and two sporting venues.
The Most-Instagrammed Locations of 2013
- Siam Paragon (สยามพารากอน) shopping mall, Bangkok, Thailand
- Times Square, New York
- Disneyland, California
- Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas
- Disney World Florida
- Staples Center, Los Angeles
- Central Park, New York
- Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ, Bangkok, Thailand
- The High Line, New York
Given these numbers, perhaps the marms and minders of the social media era should tell people to go back to taking pictures of sunsets.
Last year, the most-Instagrammed location in the world was the Suvarnabhumi Airport, which came in a disappointing ninth this year.