The former governor of Ohio riles up the Democratic convention crowd with a series of zingers mocking Mitt Romney.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina -- The first night of the Democratic convention was packed with enough red meat to cause a heart attack. And nobody dished it up better than Ted Strickland, the former Ohio governor known for his old-school economic populism.
Strickland's rapid-fire routine of Mitt Romney-mocking one-liners, yelled at high volume, whipped the convention-hall crowd into a frenzy. Here are his Letterman-worthy zingers:
* "If Mitt was Santa Claus, he'd fire the reindeer and outsource the elves."
* "Mitt Romney has so little economic patriotism that even his money needs a passport. It summers on the beaches of the Cayman Islands and winters on the slopes of the Swiss Alps."
* "Barack Obama is betting on the American worker. Mitt Romney is betting on a Bermuda shell corporation."
* "Barack Obama saved the American auto industry. Mitt Romney saved on his taxes."
* "Barack Obama is an economic patriot. Mitt Romney is an outsourcing pioneer."
This article available online at: