- Conn Iggulden, The Gods of War
- Gene Kranz, Failure Is Not an Option: Mission Control From Mercury to Apollo 13 and Beyond
- James Webb, Born Fighting: How the Scots-Irish Shaped America
- Mancur Olson, The Logic of Collective Action: Public Goods and the Theory of Groups
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
- Barry Eisler, The Detachment
- Anthony Powell, A Dance to the Music of Time: First Movement
The U.S. is particularly miserable at putting aside money for the future. Should we blame our paychecks or our psychology?