President Obama's reelection campaign raised $47 million in the last three months, plus another $38 million for the Democratic National Committee, for an $86 million total.
The president outperformed the $33.1 million he raised at the same point in his 2008 bid, during the second quarter of 2007.
How does Obama's fundraising compare to his GOP rivals? Here's how they fared in the second quarter:
Here's how the GOP candidates have fared:
- Mitt Romney: $18.25 million
- Ron Paul: $4.5 million
- Tim Pawlenty: $4.2 million
- Jon Huntsman: $4.1 million
- Herman Cain: $2.46 million
- Newt Gingrich: $2 million
- Rick Santorum: less than $2 million
Obama's $47 million beats their combined total by about $10 million.
Michele Bachmann, meanwhile, has not yet announced her second-quarter fundraising total.