What you missed this morning...
1. VP Biden says U.S. has "real doubts" about validity of Iranian elections; insists that "he thinks" POTUS respects his views b/c he always consults with Biden before making a decision. Sen. McConnell says he's confident that the Senate can force POTUS to keep Gitmo open.
2. HHS Sec. Sebelius won't say whether Obama would veto a health care reform bill that doesn't pay for itself; restates POTUS's preference for NOT taxing these benefits but suggests that a compromise can be had in the level of benefits taxed. On the public plan debate, She calls Sen. Kent Conrad's "cooperative" idea "creative."
3. Sen. Chuck Grassley is open to the idea of taxing employee health care benefits, but says POTUS must agree. Sen. Chris Dodd calls the idea "unnecessary."
4. Ex-MA Gov. Mitt Romney, after all these years, defended his innovative health care system in Massachusetts, noting that it does not offer a "public plan" but has managed to reduce premiums by 50%. Sen. McConnell calls the "public plan" a non-starter.
5. Juan Williams calls POTUS's outreach to Iran "dead." Kristol wants Obama to support the demonstrators.
And everyone paid tribute to Tim Russert, who died one year ago this week.