Obama announces his "National Security Working Group"
- Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
- Senator David Boren, former Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Secretary of State Warren Christopher
- Greg Craig, former director of the State Department Office of Policy Planning
- Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig
- Representative Lee Hamilton, former Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder
- Dr. Tony Lake, former National Security Advisor
- Senator Sam Nunn, former Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
- Secretary of Defense William Perry
- Dr. Susan Rice, former Assistant Secretary of State
- Representative Tim Roemer, 9/11 Commissioner
- Jim Steinberg, former Deputy National Security Advisor
These are mostly names we've heard before in Obamaworld or else graybeard elder statesman types. But Jim Steinberg is the right age and experience level to get a senior appointment in an Obama administration. He's done a lot of homeland security stuff lately, and I'd be interested to know what his essay "Force and Legitimacy in the Post-9/11 Era: What Principles Should Guide the United States?" in the recent collection Power and Superpower: Global Leadership and Exceptionalism in the 21st Century says so I'll go look it up later.