I am moderating a chat today as part of a the larger Atlantic Food Summit that will stream live here starting at 1:00 pm EST.
I'll be moderating a panel at 1:30 pm titled "Feeding a World of Nine Billion -- Sustainably" with World Food Program CEO Rick Leach; National Pork Board CEO Chris Novak; Wellesley College professor Robert Paarlberg, Rodale Institute Executive Director Mark Smallwood, and Whole Living Executive Editor Jocelyn Zuckerman.
I'm just back from the Doha Forum where global food security was a key theme of the Qatar Emir's opener. Should be interesting.
Below the fold I have pasted the agenda for today's meeting. Atlantic Senior Editor Corby Kummer, one of the nation's great food commentators will be MCing most of the meeting -- and doing headline interviews with Martha Stewart (1 pm EST) and Mario Batali (2:30 pm EST).
Schedule follows after link to extended page The Atlantic Intelligence Series FOOD SUMMIT
THURSDAY, MAY 24, 2012 - WASHINGTON, DC
1:00 PM WELCOME REMARKS
1:05 PM HEADLINE INTERVIEW - Martha Stewart, Founder, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Interviewed by: Corby Kummer, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
1:35 PM PANEL DISCUSSION - Feeding a World of Nine Billion--Sustainably
Moderator: Steve Clemons, Washington Editor-at-Large, The Atlantic2:35 PM HEADLINE INTERVIEW - Mario Batali, Chef, Restaurateur, Author, and Television Personality Interviewed by: Corby Kummer, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
• Rick Leach, President and Chief Executive Officer, World Food Program USA
• Chris Novak, Chief Executive Officer, National Pork Board
• Robert Paarlberg, Betty Freyhof Johnson Class of 1944 Professor of Political Science, Wellesley College and Associate, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University
• Mark Smallwood, Executive Director, Rodale Institute
• Jocelyn Zuckerman, Executive Editor, Whole Living, and Adjunct Professor, Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
3:05 PM BREAK 3:20 PM PANEL DISCUSSION - Learning at a Young Age: Childhood Nutrition and the Obesity Epidemic
4:20 PM HEADLINE INTERVIEW - Kirsten Tobey, Co-Founder and Chief Innovation Officer, Revolution Foods Interviewed by: Corby Kummer, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
Moderator: Clive Crook, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
• Jennifer Grossman, Senior Vice President, Dole Nutrition Institute
• Gary Hall, Executive Director, World Fit Foundation
• Marilyn Knox, Chief Executive Officer, The Gerber Products Company, and Regional Business Head, Nestlé Infant Nutrition, North America
• Elaine Kolish, Vice President and Director, Children's Food and Beverage Advertising Initiative, Council of Better Business Bureaus
• Margo Wootan, Director, Nutrition Policy, Center for Science in the Public Interest
4:50 PM KEYNOTE SPEECH - Kathleen Merrigan, Deputy Secretary, United States Department of Agriculture
5:20 PM CLOSING REMARKS
This article available online at: