One in 110 children in the United States is diagnosed with autism, a neurobiological disorder that hinders a person's ability to communicate and develop social relationships. With its prevalence increasing 600 percent in the past two decades, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have called autism a national public health crisis.
- Become informed. Follow the organization on Facebook and Twitter to learn about the latest updates.
- Create a fundraising page.
- Sign up for Walk Now for Autism Speaks, which is held throughout the year in various locations.
- Host an Autism Speaks event.
- Donate whatever you can, which doesn't have to be money.