Your weekend awaits and so does the latest issue of The Atlantic Weekly, our new digital magazine available on iPhone and iPad. This week, among other things, we ponder…
- What could possibly go wrong with attacking Syria
- The suspected slapdashery of the prominent leakers of our age—your Edward Snowdens and Bradley Mannings—who appear to lack coherent policy aims when they indiscriminately share troves of secrets
- Why Jack London’s pro-labor politics were a little too much for the editors of The Atlantic
- Why Saudi Arabia has gotten convinced that a scourge of sorcerers practicing black magic is rising up across the land (an Anti-Witchcraft Unit has been inaugurated to sort out the problem)
- The extent to which a family’s income now determines how well their children will do in school
- Whether future generations will know Microsoft as merely a maker of video game consoles
That and, honestly, much more in the Weekly—ready for download now!