The Opportunity Debate: Upward Mobility and The American Dream, A Heartland Monitor Poll Briefing at the Presidential Debate
Denver, CO / October 3, 2012
Just hours before the first presidential debate, a panel of campaign officials, national pollsters, party strategists and leading economists explored how economic issues would impact 2012's presidential race.
On October 3rd, just hours before the first presidential debate, a panel of national pollsters and party strategists along with Governor John Hickenlooper, Representative Diana DeGette explored the key issues impacting November's presidential race. Drawing on the top findings and highlights from the Allstate -- National Journal Heartland Monitor Poll, this event provided a compelling profile of the most significant voting bloc in America today: the middle class. Using polling data, these experts explored middle class perspectives on economic security, social mobility and outlooks on the future.
View our event video below:
- Ronald Brownstein Editorial Director National Journal
- Floyd Ciruli Pollster and Political Analyst Ciruli Associates
- Steve Clemons Editor-in-Chief, AtlanticLIVE, and Washington Editor-at-Large The Atlantic
- Diana DeGette Chief Deputy Whip U.S. House of Representatives
- Geoff Garin President Hart Research Associates
- John Hickenlooper Governor Colorado
- Ed Reilly Global Chief Executive Officer of Strategic Communications FTI Consulting
- Dick Wadhams Republican Political Consultant