During Hispanic Heritage Month, National Journal and The Atlantic considered the steps needed to grow the involvement of the Hispanic community in STEM fields.
A New America: Austin
Austin, Texas / March 25, 2014
The National Journal and The Atlantic hosted the second in a series of town hall events in the heart of Austin to examine the opportunities, inclinations, and impact of this giant influential generation.
Millennials are on track to be the most educated, the most connected, and the most wired generation, with a bent for entrepreneurship and service. Evidence shows that Millennials may represent the tipping point generation in America, whose preferences and priorities are setting the direction for public and private life over the decades ahead. They are, by far, the most diverse generation in American history, with non-whites comprising about 40 percent. Austin, Texas has become a hub for Millennials and millennial entrepreneurs; the city's open and collaborative business climate has turned it into a unique entrepreneurship incubator.
The National Journal and The Atlantic hosted the second in a series of town hall events in to the heart of Austin to examine the opportunities, inclinations and impact of this giant influential generation. This exciting event focused on how Millennials are using entrepreneurship to build a pathway to success, and featured insights from Millennials, government officials, educators, entrepreneurs, and more.
Tuesday, March 25
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
University of Texas at Austin
Student Activity Center
Black Box Theater
Click here for more information
- Isaac Barchas Associate Director Austin Technology Incubator
- Ronald Brownstein Senior Editorial Director Atlantic Media Company
- Grant Heimer Director Longhorn Entrepreneurship Agency
- Jae Kim Founder and Owner Chi'Lantro BBQ
- Bob Metclafe Professor of Innovation and Murchison Fellow of Free Enterprise University of Texas at Austin
- Rudy Rodriguez Managing Partner Team Venti
- Juan Sanchez Vice President of Research The University of Texas at Austin
- Jason Seats Managing Director TechStars
- Michele Skelding Senior Vice President Global Tech Strategies
- Wendy Spencer Chief Executive Officer Corporation for National and Community Service