The Atlantic and National Journal invite you to join us in Washington, D.C. for the fourth and final event in a series of town hall events on how millennials are engaging in entrepreneurship and service. Government officials, entrepreneurs, and millennials themselves will share insights on how this influential generation is choosing to pursue impactful careers.
A New America
Los Angeles, California / December 6, 2013
Join The Atlantic and National Journal in Los Angeles for the launch of our New America series as we discuss how millennials are sparking change.
On December 6, The Atlantic and National Journal, with underwriting support from Microsoft, will launch a series of town hall events–A New America: How Millennials Are Sparking Change–at California State University, Los Angeles.
Evidence is growing that Millennials may represent the tipping point generation, whose preferences and priorities are setting the direction for public and private life over the decades ahead. They are, by far, the most diverse generation in American history, with non-whites comprising about 40 percent. Millennials are on track to be the most educated, connected and wired generation, with a bent for entrepreneurship and service. We’ll examine the opportunities, inclinations and impact of this giant generation through these town hall events.
Friday, December 6, 2013
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. PST
California State University, Los Angeles
University Student Union Theater
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
- Emily Allen Professor & Dean of Engineering California State University, Los Angeles
- Jessica Alvarenga Ph.D. Candidate University of Denver
- Xavier Becerra D-CA United States House of Representatives
- Ronald Brownstein Editorial Director National Journal
- Rob Carpenter Executive Director Global Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Tara Chlovski Founder and Chief Executive Officer Iridescent
- William A. Covino President California State University, Los Angeles
- Armando Diaz Associate Executive Director Boys and Girls Club of Venice
- Shahin Kohan President AIMS 360
- León Krauze Host Fusion's Open Source
- Estelle Reyes Executive Director Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Nick Ventura Founder inFORa CAUSE
- Mark Wyland R-Escondido California State Senate