Atlantic Media hosted a series of star-studded events surrounding The Annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
LGBT @ WHCD
Washington, District of Columbia / May 3, 2014
For our annual White House Correspondents’ Weekend Editorial Briefing, we'll gather for breakfast and a wide-ranging conversation on the evolution of LGBT rights in recent years - what has been accomplished and the challenges that lie ahead - through the eyes of Washington, the media, and the rest of America.
In conjunction with White House Correspondents’ Weekend, The Atlantic and National Journal will host the annual Editorial Breakfast Briefing, featuring a conversation on the LGBT movement and the debate over marriage equality. We’ll gather for breakfast and mimosas and a wide-ranging conversation on the evolution of LGBT rights in recent years - what has been accomplished and the challenges that lie ahead - through the eyes of Washington, the media, and the rest of America.
This event will be live streamed beginning at 9am EST.
Live streaming video by Ustream
- Cynthia Nixon LGBT Activist and Actress Sex and The City
- Bishop Gene Robinson IX Episcopal Bishop New Hampshire Follow @BishopGRobinson
- Torey Carter Managing Director Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund Follow @ToreyCarter
- Richard Carlborn Freedom to Marry Director of State Campaigns Follow @richardcarlbom
- Steve Clemons Washington Editor-at-Large The Atlantic Follow @SCClemons
- Cason Crane Adventurer, Athlete, Activist and Founder The Rainbow Summits Project Follow @casoncrane
- Eric Fanning Undersecretary United States Air Force
- Gautam Raghavan Public Engagement Advisor The White House
- Geoffrey Garin President Hart Research Associates Follow @HartSurveys
- The Honorable Jim Kolbe Former Arizona Congressman and Senior Transatlantic Fellow German Marshall Fund
- Shane Harris Senior Writer Foreign Policy Magazine Follow @ShaneWHarris
- Mary Kay Henry International President Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Follow @MaryKayHenry
- Grover Norquist President Americans for Tax Reform Follow @GroverNorquist
- Jon Lovett Former Speechwriter for President Obama; Co-Creator and Writer 1600 Penn Follow @jonlovett
- Aisha C. Moodie-Mills Senior Fellow and Director, FIRE Initiative Center for American Progress Follow @AISHAMOODIEMILL
- Ellen Ratner News Analyst Fox News Follow @EllenRatner
- Allyson Robinwon Former Executive Director OutServe-SLDN Follow @allysonrobinson
- Michael Rogers Managing Director Raw Story Media, Inc. Follow @MichaelRogersDC
- Hilary Rosen SKDKnickerbocker Managing Director
- Randi Weingarten President American Federation of Teachers Follow @rweingarten