Inventing the Future of Health, an Atlantic-produced town hall program, convened leading national experts to discuss what's next in health care. The conversation focused on health care costs, the outsize impact big data analytics could have on quality and price of care and other cutting-edge topics shaping American health policy. The half-day forum included a special focus on the most pressing issues faced by large employers today. While predicting health care behavior and cost trends is never easy, we attempted to do just that with the help of top thinkers, industry leaders and practitioners who are driving health care innovation.
To see photos from this event, please visit our Facebook page.
Note: All times are MT
- Tuesday, February 23
- 9:00 a.m.Welcome RemarksMargaret Low Smith, President, AtlanticLIVE
- 9:05 a.m.The Future of Medicine: Where Can Technology Take Us?Daniel Kraft, M.D., Medicine and Neuroscience Chair, Singularity University, Founder, IntelliMedicine
- 9:30 a.m.Predicting What’s Next in Health Care: The Disruptor’s ViewpointOliver Kharraz, M.D., Chief Executive Officer, ZocDoc
With Steve Clemons, Washington Editor at Large, The Atlantic
- 10:00 a.m.Arizona – Changing the Course of Healthcare: Sponsor Content Presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of ArizonaRich Boals, President and Chief Executive Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Kathleen Goeppinger, Ph.D, President and Chief Executive Officer, Midwestern University
MaryAnn Guerra, Chief Executive Officer, BioAccel
- 10:15 a.m.Forecasting the Future: Predicting Health Care Costs and How to Control ThemKaren Amstutz, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Magellan Health
Matthew Hawkins, Chief Executive Officer, Sunquest Information Systems, Inc.
Victor Trastek, M.D., Director, School for the Science of Health Care Delivery, Arizona State University
With Steve Clemons
- 11:00 a.m.Big Data, Big Results: Using Data Analytics to Cut Costs and Improve Health OutcomesWyatt Decker, M.D., Chief Executive Officer, Mayo Clinic – Arizona, and Vice President, Mayo Clinic
With Steve Clemons
- 11:30 a.m.Closing RemarksMargaret Low Smith
Also in This Series
Inventing the Future of Health: Philadelphia
The Atlantic traveled to Philadelphia to explore the latest evolutions in health technology and the impact they have on the future of individual's health.
Atlantic Exchange featuring
General (Ret.) Keith Alexander
The Atlantic will hold a high-stakes conversation on the state of the threat and what governments and businesses can do to keep digital data safe and secure.
We The People
Featuring Kathleen Turner
and The Atlantic's Steve Clemons
In a series of conversations, The Atlantic will explore civitas, the contract binding all citizens together, and talk to leaders of business, politics and society who are striving to make our Union a little more perfect.