A Conversation on Community Health - Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA / September 24, 2012
On the afternoon of September 24, The Atlantic will host "A Conversation on Community Health" Town Hall in Philadelphia, underwritten by GSK.
What are Philadelphians doing to foster a healthy community? What's working, what's not, and what's being overlooked?
On the afternoon of Monday, September 24, 2012, The Atlantic explored all of this and more at "A Conversation on Community Health" Town Hall. Health care providers joined local leaders from non-profits, businesses and government to explore the innovative efforts underway in pursuit of a healthier, happier and stronger "City of Brotherly Love."
Entertainer and activist Dr. Bill Cosby, and his longtime advisor and writing partner Dr. Alvin Poussaint, Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, headlined the "Conversation on Community Health” Town Hall to discuss their longtime interest and involvement in community wellness as a whole, and as it pertains to Philadelphia.
- Steve Clemons Editor-in-Chief, AtlanticLIVE, and Washington Editor-at-Large The Atlantic
- Dr. Bill Cosby Entertainer and Activist Full bio
- Sarah Martinez-Helfman Executive Director of Eagles Youth Partnership Full bio
- Dr. Brian McDonough Medical Editor for KYW News Radio Full bio
- Dr. Alvin Poussaint Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School Full bio
- Dr. Irwin Redlener, MD President and Co-Founder Children's Health Fund
- Dr. Robert Simmons, DrPH Director of Public Health Programs, Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals Full bio