During Hispanic Heritage Month, National Journal and The Atlantic will consider the steps needed to grow the involvement of the Hispanic community in STEM fields.
A New America: Washington, D.C.
Washington, District of Columbia / May 21, 2014
The Atlantic and National Journal invite you to join us in Washington, D.C. for the fourth and final event in a series of town hall events on how millennials are engaging in entrepreneurship and service. Government officials, entrepreneurs, and millennials themselves will share insights on how this influential generation is choosing to pursue impactful careers.
For the millennial generation, these may truly be the best and worst of times. millennials are well educated, highly connected, and the most diverse generation in American history. They have been characterized by resilience, creativity and cooperation. Millennials have taken to entrepreneurship, service, and the sciences in an attempt to improve the lives of those around them, yet, they are confronting almost unprecedented headwinds with a stagnant labor market, stalled wages, and rising educational debts.
Join National Journal and The Atlantic as we conclude our unprecedented series, "A New America: How Millennials Are Sparking Change," on the economic opportunities and challenges facing this vast generation. This event will feature insights from millennials, government officials, and more. We'll explore how millennials are responding to their generational challenges, how they are best positioning themselves for success, and why they are more engaged in social, than political activism. Join us as we confront some of the biggest questions facing this generation, and offer assessments on the challenges they face.
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Microsoft Innovation & Policy Center
11th Floor, TechLab
901 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
- James Brown Executive Director STEM Education Coalition Follow @StemEdCoalition
- Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) United States House of Representatives Follow @Tulsigabbard
- Andrew Hanson Research Analyst, Center on Education and the Workforce Georgetown University
- Neil Howe Founding Partner and President Life Course Associates Follow @lifecourse
- Martha Ross Fellow Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program
- Aaron Schock (R-IL) United States House of Representatives Follow @RepAaronSchock
- Susannah Wellford Founder and Chair of the Board Running Start Follow @rsprez