That's what the Times of Israel is saying: That the Bulgarian attack was actually carried out by a suicide bomber, and not a bomb planted in the trunk of a bus, and that the bomber is understood to have been carrying a fake American passport:
Israeli rescue teams flown to Bulgaria began evacuating wounded from the resort town of Bourgas Thursday morning, as reports emerged that the deadly attack on a bus of tourists was carried out by a man with a fake American passport.
The death toll in the bombing on a bus of Israelis at the airport in Bourgas rose to eight in the early hours of Thursday as one of the seriously injured victims succumbed to their wounds. Six of the dead are Israeli.
Two victims remain in serious condition at a hospital in the capital of Sofia. The rest of the 34 wounded are in a local hospital or still at the airport in Bourgas waiting to be flown home by Israeli rescue teams.
On Thursday morning, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov said the attack was likely carried out by a suicide bomber who likely detonated as he boarded the bus. It was previously thought the bomb had been in a suitcase placed on the bus.
The suicide bomber is one of the eight dead, officials said.
The suicide bomber was reportedly carrying an American passport and a driver's license from Michigan, both thought to be fake, the Sofia News Agency reported.
In security video, the Caucasian man is seen walking around the premises for at least an hour, dressed in sports attire, the agency reported.
This article available online at: