1. If you're a Bahraini Shia outside your house, you're worried about staying alive;
2. If you're a Bahraini Sunni leader, you're worried that the Saudis, thinking you can't control your Shia population, will soon invade and occupy your country;
3. If you're an American policymaker, you're worried about losing a surpassingly important strategic asset in Bahrain, which is home to the U.S. Navy's 5th fleet;
4. If you're an American policymaker, you're worried about how deeply you should deplore from the State Department podium the Saudi attempt to undermine Bahrain's Shia-dominated reform movement;
5. If you're an Iranian military planner, you're worried that the Americans and Saudis conspire to keep Bahrain's pro-Western rulers in power, thereby limiting your opportunities to, among other things, seed the Persian Gulf with mines;
6. If you're an Israeli policymaker, you're worried that the U.S. will choose not to veto an anti-settlement resolution at the United Nations;
7. If you're a supporter of Israel, you're worried that the Israeli leadership has no idea how to manage its relations with the country's dwindling number of friends.