Political analysts have widely failed to consider that we already know how this plays out.
Molly Ball highlighted the importance of which direction the women's vote breaks. Ronald Brownstein called attention to the leverage of the rustbelt vote. Andrew Cohen broke down voter I.D. laws. For everything analysts have found to squeeze and scrutinize, though, they've been universally negligent in addressing the fact that on November 6 at precisely 7:04 PM EST, Mercury goes into retrograde.
There is some degree of dissent among the psychic/astrologic community as to what our political future is -- and most temporize in saying that it involves a long, nuanced discussion -- but the bottom line consensus is that Obama stays.
Is that because most psychics are new-age liberals? Not at all. Even if that were true, we have to believe they would act in the interest of establishing a record of accuracy, as opposed to saying what they hope happens. Letting personal political leanings interfere with the veracity of their professional analyses also must go against the code of the trade. Here's what some have said:
- "I had predicted Obama winning like over a year ago," Tara Green, psychic tarot astrology reader consultant, told Voice of Russia. She cited a strong planetary contact which is favorable for Obama.
- "It might even look like [Romney] will or could win. He may even lead in the poles. But on the day of the election Obama has enough of an astrological edge to beat out Romney," according to psychic/astrologer Denise Siegel, who says her credibility is bolstered by the fact that she predicted the 2000 election would be won by "both candidates." Bonus knowledge: Were Romney to win, we would end up "living in a country where the middle-class and upper middle-class disintegrate, and the wealthy go back to their feudal roots." For what it's worth.
- Sidney Friedman* in Chicago -- who boasts a "nearly 100 percent" success record in Academy Award predictions and a 71 percent overall accuracy (pretty data-minded, for a psychic) gives it to Obama. Friedman's call is great because he gets so confidently specific: "[Obama] will not win states like Indiana, which he won last time, but he will win two southern states, including North Carolina or Virginia ... Mitt Romney will not win his home state of Massachusetts."
- A panel of renowned astrologers at the United Astrology Conference in New Orleans this past May unanimously said it would go to Obama. The diverse group included Gary Christen (Uranian astrology and Cosmobiology), Edith Hathaway (Indian or Vedic astrology), Nina Gryphon (Medieval and Renaissance), Claude Weiss (Modern western astrology), and Chris Brennan (Hellenistic astrology).
- Spiritual teacher and psychic Sylvia Browne called it for Obama and also called an assassination attempt -- recorded by different sources as either "at some point after the election" or "sometime between now and 2020."
- "It is my belief that Barack Obama will win his re-election bid against Mitt Romney," Larry Schwimmer, astrologer, wrote in The Huffington Post. He added that the Mercury in retrograde effect "will likely result in a 'contested' election." That's a recurring sentiment.
- "According to my charts Obama will win," astrologer Mary R. Jayn told The Colorado Springs Gazette. She says she's gotten 10 of the last 12 elections correct.
- Aaron Hanson at The Prophetic Light has "a highly symbolic sketch of our next President," and it looks pretty Romney. He describes:
The central figure [X] reveals a male of refined and handsome features such as a formed and well groomed part of straight hair. A slight blemish or dimple above the left eye is noted accenting the aforementioned part. A symbolic hive of bees [A] is also shown as if being held into position by [X]. Perhaps the most fascinating aspect of this data relates to the bee fixed upon an eye within a triangle [C]. This was very difficult to render as initially, various aspects of a single bee had been viewed and methodically pieced together.
- Sue Frank of Golden, CO, cited tarot cards like the Five-of-Swords and The Lovers in saying Romney is "looking forward" and wins.
- "President Obama will be a one-term president ... Obviously, it's going to Mitt Romney," said Blair Robertson, based on time-projected empathy.
*Friedman also predicted Jennifer Aniston's engagement. I would vote for Friedman as president of the psychics.
This article available online at: