Yields 2 servings
• 1 cup (250 ml) leftover turkey, torn or cut in small pieces
• 2/3 cup (160 ml) leftover mashed potatoes
• 2/3 cup (160 ml) leftover squash
• 2/3 cup (160 ml) leftover greens
• 2 leftover roasted Brussels sprouts
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) cranberry sauce
• 2 parfait glasses or similar facsimiles
Reheat turkey, potatoes, squash, greens, and Brussels sprouts in an oven or microwave.
To assemble the parfait, use a spoon to layer the turkey, squash, greens, and cranberry sauce in individual parfait glasses. Finish with an ice-cream scoop of mashed potatoes, and top with a roasted Brussels Sprout.
As for the level of difficulty, it's as easy as assembling an ice-cream parfait. Active prep time takes about 10 minutes. One possible shortcut: If you have a microwave oven, assemble the parfait whole to begin with, then microwave it all at once.
Music to cook by: Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Restaurant. (Pray that your turkey dinner doesn't suffer the same fate.)
Liquid Assets: Any wine left over from the previous night's turkey dinner.
To read Regina's article about reinventing Thanksgiving—including turkey—click here.
This article available online at: