The sauce for these noodles is very easy to make, and it tastes so much better than the run-of-the-mill Chinese restaurant version.
For the peanut sauce:
• 1/2 cup crunchy, natural peanut butter (the kind where the oil separates)
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/3 cup warm water
• 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
• 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
• 2 teaspoons honey
For noodle salad:
• 1 pound whole wheat fettuccine
• 4 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
• 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
• 1 cup mushrooms, sliced and steamed
• 1 whole cucumber, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
To make the sauce, combine all peanut sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth—about two minutes.
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Once pasta has cooled, toss pasta, sauce, and vegetables together in a large bowl. Serve or store in the refrigerator and eat later.
This article available online at: