Poached chicken breast and vegetables can be elegant with the addition of herbed Dijon mustard. For this dish, horseradish adds yet another tangy dimension.
• 1 tablespoon horseradish
• ½ cup white wine
• 2 cups water
• 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
• 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 medium-sized yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 pound fresh green beans
• 12 baby carrots
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add horseradish, white wine, water, and tarragon and bring to a simmer.
Add the chicken breasts and poach for 8 to 10 minutes, then add the vegetables. Cover and simmer for another 8 minutes.
Place chicken breasts in shallow soup bowl, garnish with vegetables, and pour a little of the broth over the top.
Garnish the edge of each soup plate with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and a little high-quality sea salt.
This article available online at: