Which amendments to the farm bill passed, and which ones failed? Here's a list to help you keep track.
The list below comes from Farm Bill Primer, where you can read the details of the amendments.
The heartbreak: the defeat yesterday of Senator Gillibrand's amendment to restore full funding for SNAP.
Senate Amendments for Vote 6-19-12
- Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii #2440 (highly fractionated tribal lands); PASSED
- Daniel Akaka, D-Hawaii #2396 (tribal relations office); PASSED
- Max Baucus, D-Mont., #2429 (livestock); PASSED
- Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M., #2364 (multi-state aquifers); WITHDRAWN
- Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, #2445 (rural development); PASSED
- Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., #2370 (pulse pilot); PASSED
- Robert Casey, D-Pa., #2238 (technical/study -federal milk marketing) PASSED
- Christopher Coons, D-Del., #2426 (poultry insurance study); PASSED
- Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., #2422 (conservation innovation grants); PASSED
- Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., Feinstein #2309 (insurance recall); PASSED
- Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., #2156 (SNAP); DEFEATED
- Kay Hagan, D-N.C., #2366 (crop insurance plain language); PASSED
- John Kerry, D-Mass., #2187 (commercial fishermen); PASSED
- Mary Landrieu, D-La., #2321 (rural development loans); PASSED
- Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, #2190 (milk marketing order reform); PASSED
- Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., #2192 (value added grants); DEFEATED
- Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, #2167 (pay cap marketing loans); PASSED
- Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., #2174 (SNAP); DEFEATED
- Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., #2172 (SNAP); DEFEATED
- Rand Paul, R-Ky., #2181 ($250,000 income limit); DEFEATED
- Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., #2191 (wind loans); DEFEATED
- John McCain, R-Ariz., #2199 (catfish); PASSED
- Patrick Toomey, R-Pa., #2217 (organic/AMA); DEFEATED
- Jim DeMint, R-S.C., #2263 (broadband funding); DEFEATED
- Jim DeMint, R-S.C., #2262 (SoS Free MKT); PASSED
- Jim DeMint, R-S.C., #2276 (checkoffs); DEFEATED
For what's happening today, see the Senate list for June 20.
At some point, I'll try to make sense of all this. For the moment, it's food politics happening in real time.
This post originally appeared on Food Politics, an Atlantic partner site.