My jalapeño tartar sauce is great with fried shrimp, fish, or oysters. Caution: Do not try any of this in a hoop skirt—unless you were born in Natchez.
• 1 tablespoon capers • ¼ cup dill pickle slices
• ¼ cup green onion • 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
• 1 cup mayonnaise • ¼ cup sour cream
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
Place all the ingredients into bowl of food processor. Use the pulse button to mince all ingredients.
To read Regina's story about easy appetizers and cooking (or not cooking) in 19th-century period dress, click here.