This dressing is simple—no fancy fruity flavors or vinegars, just nature's own luscious fat, acid, sweetness, and spices to garnish a spring harvest.
• 4 cups of fresh salad greens
• 2 ounces of fresh goat cheese (chevre)
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup of dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
• ¼ cup walnuts or almonds, roughly chopped
• salt and pepper to taste
Place greens, nuts, and dried fruit in a large salad bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the salad with the dressing and crumble the goat cheese on top.
To read about Margaret's experience harvesting greens at the Yale Farm, click here.