Though it's not the healthiest, one dish a week with cheese and cream is okay. Just add a big salad to the table.
• 12 oz. uncooked macaroni (do not use the whole package, use 3/4) • 1/2 lb. smoked thick sliced bacon
• 1 lb. sharp cheddar shredded cheese • 8 oz. mozzarella shredded cheese
• 4 Roma tomatoes • 12 oz. frozen peas
• 1/2 teas. minced garlic • 1 teas. minced fresh basil
• 1 cup cream • 1 cup milk
• 5 eggs • 1 teas. salt (or to taste)
• 1 teas. cracked black pepper
Boil water and add macaroni for 10 minutes. Cook 2 minutes less than you would if you were going to eat immediately.
Dice bacon into one-inch pieces and cook until not quite crisp, then drain off excess oil.
In large mixing bowl add cream, milk, eggs, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix well with wire whisk. Make sure eggs are blended in.
Make sure macaroni is well drained, then toss it into the liquid mixture.
Add the sharp cheddar cheese and make sure it is mixed in.
Coat large casserole dish with spray oil and pour macaroni mixture into dish.
Slice Roma tomatoes and place on top of macaroni mixture.
Sprinkle mozzarella on top of tomatoes.
Sprinkle bacon on top of mozzarella.
Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.