Gosselin and her pack of baby grizzlies joined the Palins for a camping trip, which quickly devolved into one of Kate's classic tirades, ending with the family bailing on the whole excursion and quickly escaping from Wasilla. As Palin's father put it: "She bitched from the moment she got off the plane."
Here's the trailer for the episode, which previewed some of Gosselin's breakdown:
Itzkoff has aggregated some of the television event's most choice quotes, leaving it up to readers to decide which were Palin's and were Gosselin's. Feel free to have a go at it:
1. "She's got a lot of kids. Never having done this before, she's going to rely on me to protect her. What is the gun that fits that?"
2. [Indicating a bearskin rug.] "Was the tongue removable before? Because it is now. Put it back in, please."
3. "Being out and about in Alaska's wilds, it's more common than not to see somebody having some kind of weapon on their person. In fact, it's probably as commonplace as if you're walking around New York City and you see somebody with a BlackBerry on their hip."
4. "I'm back here as the trail sweeper, waiting to pick up bodies as I go."
5. [Indicating one of her children.] "I can beat that one up."
6. [After trying out a bear-hunting rifle.] "Well, that rubs the cheek, doesn't it?"
7. "We have an ax, a machete, but we don't have a chainsaw."
8. [Discussing camping.] "Why would you pretend to be homeless? I don't get it. I just don't get the concept."
9. "Even though I'm the crazy one, supposedly, and everyone else is normal, if that requires being crazy, I'm crazy."
10. "I thought we were going to go camping with the [other family]. It turned out we didn't. We had lunch with them on a sandbar."
11. "A lot of people across America probably think we are the biggest nerd family in America."
Read the full story—and the answers—at Artsbeat.
This article available online at: