- Returning to South Korea after he won the Super Bowl a couple years back, Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (African American father, Korean mother) is sometimes credited for single-handedly changing Korean attitudes about race. At the very least, his visit was occasion for conversation, public and private, about a rarely-breached subject. A similar thing is happening in China right now with Lou Jing, a mixed race contestant on China's pop idol show, the regrettably named Go! Oriental Angel.
- At the Numero blog, a record clerk's nightmare: do I file a tenderloin under "T" or "P" (for pork, of course)?
- For your next family vacation, why not consider Baltimore? Exhaustive Google Maps page on sights and scenes from The Wire. (And a related (?) Flickr page)
- Did you know Barack Obama receives 30 death threats a day on average? Few via Facebook, one imagines.
- I had no idea this was such a revolutionary idea, but someone has created an "expense receipt generator" for these lean times.
See web-only content:
This article available online at: