The former Secretary of State appeared on this week's show for a piano-flute face-off with Jack Donaghy
It's a shame that every week can't be 30 Rock's 100th episode, but 101 was a solid follow-up to last week's A-plus effort. This week was an exercise in just how happily we'll jump down the 30 Rock rabbit hole week after week. Condoleezza Rice squaring off with Jack, showing off those piano chops, and sending emoticon-ridden text messages—of course! Margaret Cho playing an awfully convincing Kim Jong Il—yes, please!
Other bright moments in the episode:
1. The dead flies that gather on top of light fixtures are a potential afternoon snack.
2. Liz Lemon trying to remember the white guy from Invictus.
3. Grizz's weekly DVD reviews (much better than Rotten Tomatoes)
4. Reagan mask/jelly bean fetishes
5. Talking take-out bags
6. Taser-toting cops who love to fill out paperwork and, more specifically, their run-ins with Liz Lemon
7. Jack Donaghy's belief in his power to overcome
8. Avery's mostly benign imprisonment, save for her marriage to Kim Jong Un
Best random quote that has nothing to do with the show's plot: "I forgot the U.S. country code but then I remembered—it's NUMBER ONE" –Avery Jessup Donaghy