- Returning to South Korea after he won the Super Bowl a couple years back, Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward (African American father, Korean mother) is sometimes credited for single-handedly changing Korean attitudes about race. At the very least, his visit was occasion for conversation, public and private, about a rarely-breached subject. A similar thing is happening in China right now with Lou Jing, a mixed race contestant on China's pop idol show, the regrettably named Go! Oriental Angel.
- At the Numero blog, a record clerk's nightmare: do I file a tenderloin under "T" or "P" (for pork, of course)?
- For your next family vacation, why not consider Baltimore? Exhaustive Google Maps page on sights and scenes from The Wire. (And a related (?) Flickr page)
- Did you know Barack Obama receives 30 death threats a day on average? Few via Facebook, one imagines.
- I had no idea this was such a revolutionary idea, but someone has created an "expense receipt generator" for these lean times.
You might be familiar with Nigeria's thriving "Nollywood" film industry. You might happen to know of the English Premier League sides Chelsea and Liverpool. But have you heard of Chelsea vs. Liverpool, the Nollywood movie? (via the Spoiler)
Cool trailer for upcoming Gavin Watson photo book RAVING 89: