It comes in five stages, apparently:
1. Denial: "The media doesn’t show the good news in Iraq."
2. Anger: "The treasonous far-left-liberals and their media lapdogs are making us lose in Iraq."
3. Bargaining: "If we send x-thousand more troops to Iraq, victory will be ours."
4. Depression: "Did you catch 300 yet? [munch-munch-burp] God, it made me hate liberals even more. [channels flipping] They wouldn’t last a day in ancient Sparta."
5. Advanced Literary Theory: "The hegemonic binary of 'success' and 'failure' traumatizes the (re)interpretive possibilities of an ethos of jouissance regarding the War in Iraq."