Keith Olbermann is doing his very best to promote his new Countdown (June 20th on Current TV). And even if, as David Carr wrote, viewers won't be able to find the channel "on a bet," it won't stop the former MSNBC host from trickling out news to build anticipation before the its debut. Today, we get the first ad and a tweeted out list of contributors from @KeithOlbermann. Here's the cheery, no-spin zone-y (just kidding Keith) spot. It's almost like he never left, right?
And here's the interesting line-up:
- Kate Sheppard: Mother Jones Washington bureau reporter
- Donald Sutherland: As Olbermann confirmed, yes, it's the actor
- Matt Taibbi: muckraking political writer for Rolling Stone
- John W. Dean: Former Counsel to the President of the United States in 1971; Author of Conservatives Without Conscience
- Maysoon Zayid: actress and comedian
- Jeremy Scahill: national security reporter for The Nation magazine
This article is from the archive of our partner The Wire.